COPPR is a joint center of the Brown School and Washington University Medical School, and directed by Dr. Debra Haire-Joshu.
- Conduct research designed to eliminate obesity and diabetes in underserved populations
- Collaborate with national partners to disseminate evidence-based research
- Work with national and state policymakers to ensure the development of evidence-based obesity and diabetes policy
In collaboration with national partners, COPPR has impacted the obesity and diabetes epidemics through:
- Training: Over 1,500 educators trained to deliver evidence-based obesity and diabetes prevention interventions
- Reach: Over 4,000 families have received obesity and diabetes prevention strategies
- Policy: Over 850 nutrition and physical activity policies have been collected and evaluated for evidence-based content